WebStop Australia take the protection of privacy seriously and this statement outlines the policies in place as at May 2002. Our company and its related companies collect information.
How we Collect Information:
- from the use of its web sites
- from application forms
- from use of its connectivity services
- from use of its proxies
- from resellers and affiliates
- from third parties
where legally required to do so
We may combine information with that available from third parties or public sources. You may not purchase or use our services anonymously, you must provide correct and accurate contact details, and details of the legal entity such as ABN and ACN.
We do not collect information on children under 13 years of age.
How we use Private Information:
- Identify you for permission to access our services
- Provide you with invoices
- Gain an understanding of your needs in relation to our service and potential services
- Check for credit worthiness or fraud
- Contact you where necessary in relation to your use of our services
- Provide news letters and outage and other notifications
- Marketing purposes
- Test and develop our services and systems
- Management purposes
- Research purposes
Cookies are used to identify you to our web servers. This information can then be used to customise the web site or set preferences for you. This information is collected and used for internal marketing purposes.
How we Share Information:
We do not sell your information to third parties but may share it with related companies, as defined by the national privacy Act. We may also share statistical information with third parties, without disclosing individual details, unless those details are necessary for fulfilling a service order you have requested. For example a carriage service or a domain name contract. We may disclose details to, and collect details from, credit or fraud agencies, or debt recovery agencies for verification purposes, or for debt reporting or collection purposes.
- We may also disclose details about you to;
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Organisation involved in sale or transfer of our assets or managing corporate risk and corporate funding
Security and Accuracy of your Information:
We take reasonable steps to protect your information from miss use, loss, and from unauthorised access. All staff are instructed not to disclose private information to anyone. We take security very seriously and have state of the art systems to ensure security of all information. We attempt to keep all information up to date but we rely on you to inform us of any changes of your details.
Access to your Information:
You can request specific details of information we have about you or copies of the actual information by writing to The Privacy Officer WebStop 2 Claremont Avenue Malvern VIC Australia 3144. We may charge you a handling and materials fee depending on circumstances.
Removal of your Information:
You may request in writing that certain information about you is removed, which we will comply with, provided that information is not necessary for tax purposes or to identify you or for contractual reasons. We will not consider requests to alter or remove statistical information. We can not prevent our web servers from issuing cookies, it is your responsibility to refuse acceptance of these if you so wish.